Cacao, in all its bitter, chocolatey glory, is one of the most sought-after superfoods today. Prized by the Mayans and the Aztecs for its energy-boosting properties, it has long been used to increase mental focus and productivity, as well as combat fatigue and depression. Research has found that cacao beans contain more than 300 chemical compounds, several of which are beneficial to health. Cacao beans also contain antioxidants and flavonoids that have been linked to improved blood flow, reduced inflammation and lower cholesterol levels, among other health benefits!
Ritual cacao is a potent superfood that has been consumed in ancient ceremonies for centuries. With chocolatey treats and rich with nutrients and antioxidants, this little joyride is great for health! Studies show that cacao can increase your mood, raise your energy levels, and improve your cognitive function. Treat yourself to some time spent on cacao. Ritual Chocolate Bars are an easy snack that you can take with you anywhere, so it’s perfect for when you’re working, at school, or doing errands. Make sure you don’t wait too long to order some!
The first step is to buy high-quality chocolate. Look for organic, fair trade, and single-origin options for the most benefits. Roasting the beans takes some time, but you can do it either in a frying pan on the stovetop or in the oven. Be careful that they don’t overcook, so remove them as soon as they are brown. When the skins have cooled, it’s time to take them off. Finally, to make chocolate mousse-style, combine one cup of ground cacao with two cups of almond milk in a bowl. First, add a sweetener to the mixture. Then place it in the fridge until it becomes firm. To serve, add some fresh fruit on top!
1. Cacao is packed with antioxidants, which can help protect your cells from damage and may even help improve your cognitive function.
2. This superfood is also a great source of magnesium, which can help to relax your muscles and improve your sleep quality.
3. Cacao can also boost your mood by increasing levels of serotonin in the brain, making it the perfect food to enjoy before or during a ritual.
4. The flavonoids in cacao can also help to improve blood flow and reduce inflammation, making it beneficial for both your physical and mental health.
5. Cacao nibs are also a great source of fibre, which helps to make you feel fuller for longer, which can be particularly helpful if you’re trying to lose weight or overcome an addiction.
There are many ways to use ritual cacao, but one of the most popular is to drink it as tea. To make cacao tea, simply simmer 1-2 tablespoons of cacao powder in water for 10 minutes. You can also add milk, honey, or other sweeteners to taste. Another way to use cacao in rituals is to make a ceremonial paste out of it. To do this, mix 1 part cacao powder with 2 parts water and 1 part coconut oil or ghee. The resulting paste can be used in many different ways, such as anointing the body or altar tools, or even eaten straight up!
Rituals cacao has been used for centuries by indigenous people all over the world. The ancient Maya even believed that cacao was the food of the gods. Today, we know that ritual cacao is a superfood packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. But its power goes beyond nutrition. Try now!
main photo: unsplash.com/Tetiana Bykovets