Ice skating is a great way to relax and take care of a shapely figure during the winter season. An interesting alternative to it can be skating fitness classes. What is it?
Why should you try your hand at skating today? This is a sport that has a lot of advantages:
– It represents the perfect combination of pleasure and utility. By skating, we oxygenate our body. As a result, it begins to work more efficiently, and mood and concentration improve. In addition, skating has a positive effect on the functioning of the cardiovascular system, as well as the respiratory system;
– Physical effort in combination with low temperature is a proven way to toughen up the body and improve its immunity. It is best to wear comfortable clothes to the ice rink, which will guarantee proper thermal comfort, at the same time carrying away the excess heat to the outside;
– Skating allows you to effectively sculpt the muscles of the legs and buttocks. During one hour of training you can burn from 300 to 800 calories. To see the best results, it is best to visit the ice rink 2-3 times a week;
– While skating, we forget about the problems and worries of everyday life. As with any other physical activity, it is associated with an increase in endorphins;
– Skating is an all-around sport, working not only your legs, but also your arms, back and shoulder muscles. It is an ideal solution for people working behind a desk. Upright, rigid body posture, which we have to deal with while skating on the ice, contributes to strengthening the back and fighting the unhealthy habit of hunchback;
– Regular visits to the ice rink are a great opportunity to meet new people and spend an active afternoon with family and friends;
– Skating is an easily accessible, inexpensive sport. At every rink you can rent the necessary equipment;
– People of all ages can skate – from children to seniors;
– When skating, you don’t have to worry about adverse weather conditions such as snowfall or strong wind.
Wanting to start skating, it is worth signing up for a lesson with a qualified instructor who will provide all the necessary information on proper skating technique. In addition, you should get the skates. There are several types of this equipment. We can choose from field hockey skates or figure skates.
The first ones are without teeth, which can be snagged during the ride. What’s more, they are less stiffened and have lower uppers, guaranteeing your feet proper comfort. On the other hand, figure skates, since they’re higher and more rigid, protect ankles from sprains to a greater extent.
People who are bored with classic skating can sign up for inline skating fitness classes, which have become very popular in recent years. They are an excellent option for all lovers of cardio and strengthening exercises.
Why is it worth to sign up for such classes? Because we are moving on unstable ground all the time, we are dealing with working large groups of muscles, including deep ones, which shapes healthy movement habits and correct posture. This directly translates into protecting the spine and joints during everyday activities such as climbing stairs or lifting heavy objects.
Skate fitness classes are dedicated to those who have mastered forward skating, making turns and braking.
Featured photo: Freepik